Welcome to High Beckside self-catering cottage near Ullswater in the Lake District
High Beckside is a wonderful 17th century cottage in the peaceful conservation village of Hartsop, in the Ullswater valley. The cottage retains many original features including exposed oak beams, a spice cupboard and an open fire. It sleeps up to seven people, and dogs are welcome. An idyllic riverside setting commands fantastic views of Hartsop Dodd, Dovedale and the higher fells beyond. Key features include:
- Idyllic rural location in the Lake District National Park, close to Ullswater and Helvellyn.
- Sleeps up to 7 (one double, a twin and a single, plus en-suite twin in the adjoining Wool Loft).
- Spacious open plan living/dining/kitchen with open fire.
- Separate drying room/laundry with ample space for bike storage.
- Downstairs w/c in drying room.
- Oil central heating and double glazing throughout.
- Lakeland Slate kitchen with fan oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave.
- Oven gloves, tea towels and wash-up equipment provided.
- Family friendly garden with well-fenced river frontage, wild and formal areas and garden furniture.
- Travel cot, baby bath and high chair.
- Free Wi-Fi in the main house.
- Bed linen, towels, ironing board and hairdryers provided.
- All bedding is hypoallergenic (no feathers), with a choice of summer/winter TOG levels.
- 2 dogs welcome (there is a £15 charge per week per dog)